Few advices, future warboss:
-Play KillTeam (Heralds of Ruin). Its more fun, fast and balanced than normal 40k. Also it needs way less $$$ to get into. AND to top it off orks are way more useable there.
- A must have units are a squads of lootas and tankbustaz.
- Trukks are a deathtrap to a passanger that does not have 4+ armour to survive the explosion. Don't bother upgrading them.
- Flashgits are good for deleting MEQ(3+ save) infantry.
- Shoota boyz > Choppy boyz, sadly. You are capable to start putting the hurt from far away while moving, and 1 less attack in CC will be compensated by shooting as you close in. It does not mean that normal boyz have less use, they are just way harder to use properly compared to shootas, since they die like flies.
- 1 time use skorcha is a mean weapon.
- Big bomm on deffkoptas is garbage.
- Don't go overzealous on powerclaws. You have nobz with choppas that will take a hit for the guy with powerclaw to make a swing.seriously though, get into KillTeam HOR, I found how "friendly" 40k is after playing against a Riptide when I had like 3 claws in my entire army and rest was antiinfantry.