Why no one wants to talk about or play Dragonlance:
-The main characters of the books/setting were the only ones that actually mattered in terms of getting real shit done and thus made every player-made adventurer into a third wheel unless you have the player made party outright replace every major character in the book.
- The "Gods of Good" are a bunch of flaky shits who ditch their believers faster then a black man dodges child support. The Gods of Neutrality are the real Gods of Good as far I'm concerned.
- The 'balance of good and evil' is dumb as shit and made no sense to me what-so-ever. Someone who turns their city state into something out of Orwell's nightmares sounds like they're just seizing absolute power and control and are just using good as an excuse to do it in the first fucking place.
- Kender. I would seriously consider never running a Dragonlance again just to avoid these fuckers being played by That Guys. And I know these shitheads were the authors answer to why all 1e Halflings were Thieves but I honestly would rather they just never answered that question in the fucking first place.
- Raistlin Majere and Tanis Half-Elven are the whiniest assholes this side of Tidus from Final Fantasy X.
- And as much I 'tolerate' the Forgotten Realm, the most popular DnD stuff (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Eye of the Beholder and Neverwinter Nights) that is still talked about and adored to this day is from that setting. Even Greyhawk has the The Temple of Elemental Evil game made by Troika. Compared to that, Dragonlance doesn't have shit.