[147 / 23]
331KiB, 1024x1024, 636045065728035915-20427797_MNoutline27.jpg
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO

Are You Happy Where You Live?

No.1270863 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, let me begin by saying that I am American (more particularly an Ohioan) and I'm unhappy here. As lovely as other countries are, immigration is a lengthy, difficult process that only the most wealthy, talented and desired, and/or powerful people glide through effortlessly. I'm not a member of the transnational financial class. So, in other words, I wanted to ask advice about other states and places to live in America, although I am perhaps not entirely disinclined from one day leaving America. In fact, I almost did after high school as I had been admitted to McGill. I still kick myself for not having gone.

Do not despair. I'm not by any means motivated to move to the Pacific Northwest, albeit once upon a time I had a job offer in Bellingham, WA. I wanted to ask about the State of Minnesota and I hope to receive recommendations about other states and cities if other anons were so inclined. To put it figuratively, I'm trying to hit an erratically moving target blowing in the wind while moving in the opposite direction on a speeding train and the target is at such a great distance I have to account for the Coriolis effect, weather, barometric pressure, etc. I need to account for change.

I wish I had saved the cap, but a while ago I mentioned that I moved back to OH from TX in a thread on one of the boards I frequent on 4chan, and an anon said "sadder words were never written." While I do not echo that thought, it is not without its merit.

I won't indulge in the worst carte blanche shitposting about Austin, e.g. technoelitism, income disparity, rampant mentally ill homeless population, its poor infrastructure, etc. This isn't a thread about ethnocentrism or elitism, partisan sentiment and civic pride are certainly welcome.

Feel free to ask about Austin, or other places I have lived like Maryland, New York, D.C., Virginia, etc. for those of you considering moving. If you are in similar circumstances, feel free to ask/offer advice, post your story, or comment.