[5 / 2 / 5]
438KiB, 720x1280, video.webm
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO Trace

Retarded Travel Stories.

No.2336871 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
When I was 18, I backpacked Georgia. I never booked hotels in advance, I only do the moment I arrive.

However, once it happened that in Kutaisi I just couldn't find a place to sleep. I booked an Airbnb, but it looked like slaughter house, ngl. So I ran away. Told the host I'm not staying.

And then I wandered around the city for like 2 hours, hotel2hotel. I passed like 3 different hotels and they all said they are full. I don't understand how or why.

It was August. Extremely hot weather. Extreme humidity. It wouldn't be that bad, but then my phone battery died. In the middle of nowhere. I had no power bank. Nothing. I entered the nearby hotel I could find, in hopes to finally get accommodation. And nobody was in here. Only later I found that the hotel seems to be in renovation? I'm not really sure why did they list it on Booking. However... I had full access, to all the rooms. The beds were still covered in plastic. (Thread video is the place, I stayed for like 20 minutes and nobody came.)

So I stayed here for a bit, charged my phone, and went again looking for a place to sleep.

I ended up in some brewery. He scanned my passport. I paid him 80GEL and went inside the room. It was really strange room. Barely working AC. No fridge. And dirt all over the bathroom. Did they not clean it? Did I really just paid $30 for this? I don't know. I decided I better be sleep on the streets, than sleep here. I went downstairs and I told him I'm not sleeping inside the room, remember this was some brewery. He took me in the back and I thought he's going to beat the shit out of me. 4 different guys standing. Luckily, no questions and they happily gave me the money back.

I then found some another airbnb, so I spent the night there. It was hilarious. I loved it.

Lessons learned:
1) Next time I'm going to bring a powerbank or at least a fast charger.