Welcome to Astrology General!
Discuss astrology with astrologers alike and get your chart decoded.
>How do I make my own chart?
Enter your birthday, birth time, and your location of birth.
>How do I read my own chart? (simplified)
- First of all, you need to learn about the elements of the sign ( fire, earth, air, water) and their nature (fixed, cardinal, mutable signs)
- The planets (strong and weak points), the house that they are in, and remember to look at the sign in that house, their ruler, and where they are at their best/ worst, planets retrograding or in reverse (if any).
- Notice their degree meanings.
- The aspects of the chart, chart patterns, and the relationship between the planets.
- What sign dominates their chart and their big 3 (sun, moon, and ascending) they can tell an awful lot of information abt someone.
- Further on is their big 6 in including their personal planets (Sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, ascending) is the core of every human being.
- Learn abt your midheaven, ic, dc, part of fortune, Lilith, Chiron, and asteroids.
>Beginner friendly guide: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
>Resources (according to previous anons):
The Astrology Podcast on Youtube:
The translated works of the classical and medieval astrologers(vettius Valens, Firmicus Maternus, William Lilly, etc.)
>Tips before posting:
- Remember, /x/ is a fast-moving thread, sometimes your chart will get skipped. Do not harass readers because of this, they have the right to refuse their services if you kept being a retard.
- Try to post charts from astro.com
(for natal charts) and vaultoftheheavens (for Vedic charts), other websites will probably miscalculate your degrees.
- Keep it civil and provide your feedbacks with readers is encouraged.