• They use multiple structures within one global structure.
• There is a decentralized cell structure, such as. However, some cells have a higher "rank" than others, which led to a kind of hierarchy, despite decentralization in general.
• Practice strict "compartmentalizing", so, many of the cells or organizations: 1) have no knowledge of other cells or organisations, and 2) often do not know they belong to (or controlled) and organized by the Cicada.
• Within each cell, there is usually a strict military-like structure.
• Cell-hierarchy is also often in a military-like structure.
• There are different cell dedicated to different areas: technology and research, foreign policy, etc..
• It is possible that the cells are founded to disagree with other cells, or even the objectives of the organization itself ("If you can not beat them, control them").