[92 / 3 / 22]
201KiB, 640x503, tradwheatfield.jpg
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO Trace

New parents issues

No.27130684 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My wife and I had our son about 11 months ago now and we've hit many bumps in the road as expected.

To start, we are both mid-20s and in the US. I work from home, I run a small side hustle that brings in income, I currently am writing a book, and I am about to start my masters degree. My wife is a stay-at-home wife who I've been with for the past 7 years. When we had our son, there were a few things that we agreed upon doing/not doing. We agreed in exclusive breastfeeding and we agreed to not do any sleep training. When our son turned about 5 months old, he exclusively nursed to sleep and wouldn't allow me to get him to sleep for naps or at night without crying himself to exhaustion. Since then, there has been constant resentment and guilt directed toward me by my wife.
Since then, my wife and I have started to sleep in different rooms to better help her sleep with the baby and our daily lives have gotten more separated. Working from home, I try my best to get little breaks to help with my wife. Before work starts, I help with the baby and we go on a walk to try to catch up and have some time to talk and connect. I've started waking up very early in the morning to make sure I still have time to go to the gym without losing time with my wife and son. After I get off of work, I typically eat dinner with them and then take my son to the park to give my wife some free time, then repeat. Since my wife has 100% of the baby's sleep fall onto her, I've tried to pick up with extra chores around the house and I now do the majority of the laundry, the dishes, a lot of the cleaning, all of the dog grooming/walking, etc. For the first 9 months, I was the one who cooked all of the meals
[1/2]