[8 / 1 / 4]
2MiB, 3977x2630, 78255756-8580-4459-970C-E7D78A49AA05.jpg
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO Trace

My mothering is in a romantic relationship with someone my own age

No.27449737 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
She is 48 and the person involved with her is 23. I have spoken to this person briefly and will be seeing him again shortly.

I honestly find this sickening and I am not sure how to handle this. I understand both are consenting adults but it feels entirely wrong. It is also strange that this person is known in my friend group. It feels strange how young he is.

What's more, he seems to have a few screws loose. On his Reddit profile, which is linked on his public Facebook page, he admits to being a narcissist, primarily posts on a subreddit about magic, with a few of those posts being about the occult, and the rest involving a range of other things.

My mother has a bad taste in men. My own father was a violent religious fanatic and tried to abduct me as a child. My mother also had a partner which was verbally abusive and faked his own suicide and blamed it on my mother.

Maybe I am poisoning the well with these examples. If you think thats the case, answer with advice in whatever way you want. take away the context and just look at things from the age gap POV, or take into account the context if you want.

All my instincts are telling me that this situation is wrong, and that irrespective of age that something is off about this guy. Any advice for how to process all this?