What is a realistic "out" that both Russia and Ukraine can live with? This is my idea:
1. All Russian troops withdraw fully
2. Ukraine and NATO formally agree that Ukraine will not join NATO and will not have certain weaponry on its territory
3. Ukraine and the EU formally agree that Ukraine will not seek EU membership for at least 5 years
4. Ukraine and Russia will agree to a Northern Ireland power-sharing agreement for Donetsk and Lukhansk
5. Some bullshit about Russian being formally recognised as the second language in regions with significant ethnic Russian population
6. Some face-saving bullshit about tackling "nazism"
7. Crimea - fuck knows. Maybe Ukraine just has to accept the L here, or maybe a similar power-sharing formula in return for sanctions being dropped.
8. Russia to agree not to conduct military exercises or maintain large bases or weaponry close to the Ukrainian border.