[319 / 66 / 173]
125KiB, 836x624, sam.jpg
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO Trace

What exactly did Dan Schneider do to kids on his tv shows?

ID:FZSyiX1k No.389876916 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Nickelodeon offered Jennette McCurdy $300,000 if she agreed to never speak publicly about her experiences at the network, which she refused, her new memoir reveals.

Last year, former child star Jennette McCurdy, best known for her role as Sam Puckett in Nickelodeon’s iCarly and Sam & Cat, announced she was done with acting and would be shifting her focus to writing, directing, and podcasting. Since then, 30-year-old Jennette actually wrote something (um, a real writer would procrastinate for years!); a memoir, entitled I’m Glad My Mom Died. That was also the title of her one-woman show, so, like, Jennette’s definitely glad mom Debra McCurdy died of cancer in 2013.

Ahead of her book’s August 9 release, Jennette did an interview with The New York Times and discussed some of her memoir’s more troubling revelations, including the fact that Nickelodeon allegedly offered her $300,000 in hush money to never talk about her experiences with the network. It doesn’t take the child genius brain of iCarly (was she smart? I never watched) to put two and two together… this has gotta be Dan Scheider-related.

56-year-old Dan Schneider is the rumored creep who created a bajillion Nickelodeon shows, including iCarly, and “parted ways” with the network during #MeToo’s peak in 2018. In her memoir, Jennette writes about her disturbing experiences with “the Creator”, who is 1000% Dan:

“McCurdy endured various embarrassments and indignities at Nickelodeon, where she writes of being photographed in a bikini at a wardrobe fitting and being encouraged to drink alcohol by an intimidating figure she simply calls the Creator. In situations where her mother was present, Debra did not intervene or speak up, instructing Jennette that this was the price of showbiz success: ‘Everyone wants what you have,’ she would tell her daughter.