[12 / 1 / 12]
460KiB, 800x420, tolkien-1.png
View Same Google iqdb SauceNAO Trace

J. R. R. Tolkien loved jews

ID:pSUrLe/f No.406570932 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Semitic language and history influenced LoTR. For example, Adunaic (one of the languages he created for his world, specifically that of the Numenoreans) is influenced by and based on Hebrew (Tolkiens own words).

For another example from his work; the Dwarven people's history is explicitly mentioned as being similar or comparable to that of the Jewish people.

Aside from this, there are many quotes and even a story or two about his high regard for the Jews.

For example, this quote is from a letter he sent in regard to a German publisher's request to publish his work in the 1930s:

>"Thank you for your letter ... I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people."

Tolkien also referred to Jews as having "noble blood". Look up more yourself if you want.

Why do people keep saying he is based? He seems to be more or less a proto-boomer conservative.