1. Not sure. I've always treated them as mostly the same as each other at each rank, rather then one being explicitly better then the former.
2. Sure, though I imagine the broader the form of combat, the less good overall you'd be. So just going 'combat' won't make you as good with knives as if you went 'knife fighting'.
3. It does what it says. The 'cannot be percieved' thing seems to be a mistake the wiki made. It's based on Kojiro's rank in the skill which works like your first quote from it. Saber could still see his attacks, she just saw each one as the first one rather then remembering how it worked the last time.
4. EAM doesn't give any combat skill, just prevents you from losing it and stuff. Very few of the skills actually grant combat skills, surprisingly, so I guess most Servants are just assumed to have great combat skill with their NPs. You can assume that too if you want, that you're automatically extremely skilled with any weapons you pick as your NPs.
5. The ranking system is pretty weird. NPs and Magecraft both operate on a different system, which is why Rin's attacks, which are much weaker then some of the other NP based attacks Berserker shrugs off with Godhand, can harm him. If you want to stick to canon, you're better of judging things like physical attacks, magical weapons and supernatural abilities as NP based feats and any normal magical spells as based on magecraft feats.
Not gonna jump down your throat if you just base it off NP stuff though, it is pretty complicated and contrary.>>49235025
Just don't let people buy the canon builds? The star idea seems fine, if a bit unnecessary with the existing system, if it just translates to SP instead.>>49235101
Have each one get the normal amount of SP each I imagine.>>49235130
That works real well. Solves my issues with it.